A Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
School Counseling and College & Career Readiness
  • Practice!

    SAT Study Guide

  • Important Registration Information


    Every student in the junior class are registered for the SAT test, free of charge, by their School Counselor in the Spring of their Junior year and pending approval for Fall of their Senior year.

    To take advantage of the free SAT registration, see your counselor. Do not submit your registration without seeing you counselor first.

    If you sign up for the SAT independently via your collegeboard account fees will be applied.

  • Fee Waiver

    Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver. In the past, eligibility for SAT & ACT fee waivers was determined by participation in the Federal Free & Reduced Meals Program. This year, there is no application for this program, as the district is providing meals for everyone. Therefore students must now bring in documentation to receive test fee waivers.

    How Do I Know If I'm Eligible?
    Detailed information can be found on the Official Website for SAT fee waivers. A summary is on "Step 1" below.

    One of the easiest ways to determine eligibility is if your parent's annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA.

    How Many Fee Waivers Can a Student Receive?
    1. 2 SAT registrations
    2. 2 SAT subject tests registrations
    3. 2 ACT registrations

    What Does a Fee Waiver Cover?
    1. Cost of the test
    2. Additional 4 score reports to send to colleges of your choice
    3. 4 college application fee waivers to participating schools

    How Much Do I Save?
    By registering with a fee waiver, you save:
    1. SAT = $43; SAT w/essay = $54.50
    2. SAT subject test = $62
    3. Score report sending fees = $45
    4. College application fees = $360 - $700

    Fee Table

  • What I Need From You: Step 1

    You are eligible for a fee waiver if you meet at least one of the requirements below:
    1. Your parent's annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA.
    2. Enrollment in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g. Federal TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
    3. Family receives public assistance.
    4. Lives in federally subsidized public housing, or a foster home, or are homeless.
    5. A ward of the state or an orphan.

    At least 1 of the supporting documents to submit are as follows:
    1. Most recent tax return.
    2. Proper documentation of enrollment/participation in TRIO programs, public assistance, subsidized public housing, foster home, homelessness, or a ward of the state.


  • What I Need From You: Step 2


    Make sure that you remember your log-in. If you forget your log-in information, you will have to call Collegeboard at: 866-433-7728

  • What I Need From You: Step 3

    Plan Ahead!
    Most SAT/SAT Subject tests will fall during the busiest time of the year (finals, AP tests, etc.) Use the College Calendar to make sure you meet registration, and testing deadlines

    Most Tier 1 universities will require/recommend a Subject Test. If so, you should take it to increase your chances of admission.

    "Recommend" usually means "required."

    Where Do You Want To Send Your Scores?
    You get an additional 4 score reports. Which schools should get them?

  • Main Website

    Meet the New SAT!

    Compare the Old Test to the New Test

    Key Content Changes. No Penalty for Guessing!