You don't need to join a club at Poly to be environmentally friendly! Consider incorporating these sustainable sustaianable practices into your life.
- Recycle your paper in the classroom bins and your bottles/cans at the front of the building.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to refill at our water coolers.
- Ask your teacher to turn off some of the lights in the classroom to save energy.
- Bring reusable containers to lunch instead of sandwich baggies.
- Carpool to school if you get a ride. If you are close enough, consider biking or walking.
- Ask your teacher to teach a lesson outdoors one day (the courtyard across the street from the auditorium has some nice benches).
- Turn off the water when not using it.
- Turn off your lights to save electricity.
- Wash your clothes with cold water (not hot water).
- Plant a tree in your yard or on your street.
- Turn off your computer and electronics when not using them (even sleep mode uses lots of electricity).
- Recycle at home! Check out Baltimore City's recycling rules, and check your curbside pickup date.